We know these red, irritated bumps can not only be annoying, but painful. So we are here to help you prevent them!
What causes ingrown hairs?
Ingrown hairs happen when your hair grows back into the skin - and most commonly happens post-shave. Sometimes, it’s due to dead skin clogging a hair follicle - forcing it to grow sideways under your skin. Other times it’s the act of shaving itself. Shaving can create sharp edges in the hair, especially if the hair is dry when shaved. No matter the cause, you are often left with the same result: a very uncomfortable situation.
What are the best ways to avoid them?
There are plenty of steps you can take to help avoid these pesky bumps - and it starts with the prep! Here are our best tips to avoiding ingrown hairs:
- Wash your skin with warm water - making sure to really let your hair soak up the water to soften.
- Use The Full-Body Exfoliant to help remove dead skin cells. Rotating in a circular motion really also help to lift your hairs.
- Lather up with The Moisturizing Shave Cream and The Shave Brush to create a rich lather. This will help guide the razor over your skin.
- Use a sharp, fresh blade - like the Venus blades we pair with our Razor to cut the hair bluntly.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth & rinse after each stroke.
- Follow your shave with the Post-Shave Body Oil. It has arnica in it which helps calm & heal the skin!
- Pro tip: Avoid tight clothing post-shave.